Saturday, March 14, 2009

Julianne: The Star of the Show!

Julianne performed "Into the Woods" with her acting class yesterday. She played the part of the Baker's Wife. For those who aren't familiar with the show... The Baker and his wife have a curse on their family meaning they can't have a baby. The witch who lives next door says she can reverse the curse if they bring her the ingredients for a potion: a cape as red as blood (Little Red Riding Hood), a cow as white as milk (Jack and the Beanstalk), hair as yellow as corn (Rapunzel) and a slipper as pure as gold (Cinderella). The Baker and his wife run around the woods for 3 days finding and losing and then finding again all these ingredients and of course, interacting with all these other fairy tales. It's a fun show but a HARD show. I've seen it many times and was rather impressed that they were able to pull it off.
Honestly, and I swear I'm NOT biased, Julianne was the best little actress up there. After the first show an older man came up to Julianne, shook her hand, and in all seriousness said, "Young lady, will you call me when you get on Broadway so I can come see you?" Julianne wasn't quite sure how to respond to that other than to say, "Okay....."


Discussing how and where to get another cow as white as milk when the orginal one dies... The cow was played by a 5 year old kid. Oh my, it was SO cute!



Playing tug of war with Cinderella's shoe.

Baker's Wife: "I need that shoe to have a child!"
Cinderella: "That makes no sense!"



Heading out to find the ingredients for the potion.



Helping Cinderella hide from the prince who is pursuing her. My favorite exchange of the whole show:

Prince: "Where did she go?"
Baker's Wife: "Who?"
Prince: "Don't play the fool, woman!"
Baker's Wife: Oh! You mean the beautiful young maiden in the ball gown? She went in that direction. I was trying to hold her here for you..."
Prince: "I can capture my own damsel, thank you!"



Singing the title song "Into the Woods".

7 comments:

Croft Family said...

Are they doing a second show? I want to come and watch if they are.

Mary said...

I would have loved to come and see the star of the show! What a talented, beautiful baker's wife Julianne is!

Mindy said...

I wish I would have been there. Sounds like she did a great job.

Anonymous said...

She looks cute and looked like she did an awesome job!

Shauna said...

I have always thought she is a really talented girl. I think it is so fun watching your kids perform.

Camilla Millar said...

I love that show and have always wanted to be in it!! It is a tricky one-- I am impressed that they attempted it.

Kim said...

She looks darling! I have no doubt she did an awesome job!!!